Summer is a fun time for all: school is out, the beaches are packed, and people are enjoying time with loved ones and friends. Summer is also a slow time for businesses, which makes it a perfect time to prepare your online strategy for the fall and holiday season.
Here are three projects you can work on this summer to improve your business’s success online:
1. Upgrade your website
Your website is the foundation of your online business strategy and represents your brand in the digital world. That’s why it’s extremely important to make sure your site is up-to-date. Tasks you can complete to polish your site include:
- Design and development upgrades – Update your content as well as the design of your website. Fix bugs to speed up webpage loading times and site functionality.
- Update your Content Management System (CMS) – According to UK Web Host Review, 94% of users won’t trust an outdated website. Migrate your website to a user-friendly CMS so your customers and your staff can easily navigate the site.
- Develop key landing pages – Want to run a promotion? Set up dedicated landing pages for your initiatives with the right keywords and calls-to-action to help guide your customers through your business funnel.
- Security enhancement – It’s time to switch from http to https. Encrypt your site with an SSL certificate and set up ways to detect security vulnerabilities on your website.
- Ecommerce solutions – According to Oberlo, ecommerce sales are expected to account for 13.7 percent of retail sales worldwide this year. Make your products and services available online so customers can shop at all hours of the day.
- Set up integrations – Connect your email list, web analytics, and social media to your website to help you better understand your customers and improve your digital strategy.
- Mobile-first indexing – Did you know that Google uses your mobile site to determine your search engine rankings? Now is the time to develop a responsive website that’s effective on all screens.
- Building your first website – Don’t have a website yet? This is the perfect time to build one! Start thinking about how you’d like to reach your audience online and do some research.
Do you need help updating your site? Our summer promotion starts as low as $199 per task. Contact us today and we’ll help you prioritize your needs–the first 30 minutes of our consultation is on us! (Use “2019summerfun” to redeem this offer).
2. Improve your digital marketing strategy
Effective digital marketing will help you get the right users to your website at the right time. Here are some things you can do:
- Use your web analytics – Gather data from your web analytics and use it to improve your online strategy–whether you focus on social media, user experience, or other areas is your choice.
- Implement smart SEO tactics – Start writing SEO-friendly content to make your site more searchable by Google. You can also go back and edit older content.
- Run an online promotion – You can set up promotions for your products and services on social media, email, paid search, and more. Use the data to gather to continually improve your promotions.
- Get active on social media – If you haven’t already, now is the time to set up social media profiles for your business and set engagement goals (we recommend starting with Facebook).
- Step up your email marketing – Are you still using an excel sheet to manage your email list? Find a free or cheap email marketing automation platform (like Mailchimp or Constant contact) to help you save time on your email strategy.
- Complete your Google business profile – Control what people see when they google your business. Set up a Google My Business account so you can quickly show customers things like your location and business hours.
Overwhelmed by digital strategy? We can help. Our promotion for digital marketing projects starts as low as $189 per task. Contact us today for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your digital marketing needs. (Use “2019summerfun” to redeem this offer).
3. Grow your nonprofit’s influence online
Nonprofits often have limited capacity to develop an effective online strategy due to high costs and lack of expertise. Here are some places to start for nonprofits with website needs:
- Look into technology grants for nonprofits – Did you know that nonprofits can apply for grants to improve their websites? Apply to any grants you’re eligible to help you keep your site current without the prohibitive cost.
- Set up online donations – Just like ecommerce solutions, having an online donation platform is important because it will help you reach more donors 24/7. Just make sure you have an optimized landing page!
- Plan your Giving Tuesday strategy – It’s never too early to prepare for Giving Tuesday! When it comes to planning, leave no stone unturned: include your social channels, paid search, and website optimization as part of your plan.
- Web and digital training – Does you or your staff lack the skills to maintain your website? In the slow hours of summer, think about providing training so that your business has the autonomy to make updates that suit your needs when you need them.
We know how hard it can be to maintain a website for nonprofits. For nonprofits, our special price for services starts as low as $169 per task. Contact us today for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your needs (Use “2019summerfun” to redeem this offer).
Take advantage of our summer promotion
Our summer promotion offers expire August 15, 2019. Use code “2019summerfun” in the subject line of your message to redeem the offer.